About TCAAP Redevelopment
From Former Ammunition Plant to Rice Creek Commons
The City of Arden Hills is partnering with Ramsey County and Alatus LLC to redevelop a portion of the former Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant (TCAAP) that is located within city boundaries.
The proposed 427-acre redevelopment is referred to as Rice Creek Commons and will include:
- Retail, office and light industrial development
- A town center
- Well-defined neighborhoods with architectural diversity
- A wide variety of housing options to serve young professionals, empty nesters, and seniors.
- Abundant parks and open space
- Trails that provide for convenient and safe pedestrian access to commercial areas and other site amenities
The development will provide new housing, a town center and jobs in a city area that will be the size of downtown of Saint Paul. It's anticipated to increase the population of Arden Hills by 40 percent over 15 to 20 years.
View the 2019 Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR) Update Adopted (PDF), and visit the Master Plan for more information about the AUAR process.
The City and Alatus have agreed to a terms sheet, which will eventually be worked into a Master Developer Agreement (MDA). The terms sheet outlines how the City and developer have agreed to reduce risk to the City, fund necessary infrastructure improvements, provide Tax Increment Financing (TIF) for parking on the development, and outline affordable housing units. A press release for the announcement was issued on May 10, 2022. The City is hopeful that Ramsey County will take the necessary steps to move this project forward and move closer to selling the property to the developer.