Mobile Food Unit (Food Truck) Vendor Licensing

Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 395 of the Arden Hills City Code, mobile food unit vendors (food trucks) are required to be licensed by the City.

A mobile food unit license can be applied for on a temporary basis (up to 7 days total during a calendar year) or annually (8 days or more during a calendar year). Licenses must be renewed each year.

In order to be licensed by the City of Arden Hills, a Mobile Food Unit License Application must be completed and submitted with a certificate of insurance, a copy of the Minnesota Department of Health (or Ramsey County issued license), written consent from the private property owner (whether commercial or residential), and payment of the fee.  Upon City approval of the license, the vendor is also subjected to an inspection by the Fire Marshall.

*Note - Upon license issuance, vendors must provide written permission from each property owner for all events subsequent to the event for which the license was initially issued.

Below are the City's vendor application, Lake Johanna Fire informational sheet, food truck fact sheet, and a list of vendors currently licensed in the city. For further questions, please contact the City Clerk at 651-792-7811.

Contact Us

  1. Julie Hanson

    Assistant to the City Administrator/City Clerk
    Email Julie Hanson

    Jolene Trauba

    Deputy Clerk
    Email Jolene Trauba

food truck