Solicitors & Peddlers Licenses
y individual going door-to-door and having direct contact with residents shall obtain a Peddlers/Solicitors/Transient Merchant License from the City Clerk's office. There are some exceptions to this requirement, however, such as simply leaving a flyer at the door without knocking or engaging in any way with residents, or religious organizations and candidates during an election season. For questions, please contact the City Clerk at 651-792-7811.
Applicants must complete an application packet and background checks will be conducted.
- Solicitors, Peddlers, Transient Merchants - Non-Exempt Application Packet (PDF)
- Solicitors, Peddlers, Transient Merchants - Exempt Application Packet (PDF) (for non-profits and charitable organizations)
Chapter 3, Section 340 of City Code discusses requirements and regulations.
The photo below provides an example of the permit that licensed peddlers and solicitors in Arden Hills will be issued. The permit will be signed and have the City seal applied. If a solicitor or peddler cannot produce this upon request, call the City Clerk during business hours or 911 after hours to report them.
Please note issuance of a solicitor/peddler license does not constitute an endorsement by the City of Arden Hills for the company/business. The City urges residents to do their due diligence in checking out the vendor/company (Better Business Bureau, obtaining referrals, etc.).
2023 Solicitors Permit List:
AS OF OCTOBER 19TH, 2023 THERE ARE NO COMPANIES WITH AN ACTIVE SOLICITOR'S PERMIT.
- Renewal by Andersen (EXPIRED October 18th)
- Aptive Environmental (EXPIRED June 23rd)
- Options Exteriors (EXPIRED June 23rd)
- Clear Cut Xteriors (EXPIRED June 2nd)
- Pristine Pro Home & Office Cleaning (EXPIRED May 1st)