The water hardness in Arden Hills is 5-10 grains.
The city water system includes:
2 – Water towers
47 – Miles of watermain
486 – Valves
472 – Hydrants
1 – Booster station
The City of Arden Hills supplies, on average, 4.8 million gallons of water per day to its residents and businesses. During the summer months, when water is used to irrigate commercial and residential properties, water use increases to 7.1 million gallons per day.
If you are experiencing a problem with the water supply please contact us at 651-792-7800. If this is an after-hours emergency please call the Ramsey County Sheriff at 651-767-0640.
Questions related to sewer and water utility billing can be directed to city Finance staff at 651-792-7814.
Drinking Water Quality
Each year, the City of Arden Hills tests the drinking water and publishes the results of those tests. Results are received from the Minnesota Department of Health in the spring of the following year (example: 2021 results are received and posted in the spring of 2022). A print version is available upon request. Please call 651-792-7800.
Tips for Water Conservation at Home
- Don’t flush trash down the toilet. Five to seven gallons of water is wasted every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue or other small bit of trash.
- Check your toilets, faucets and pipes for leaks regularly.
- Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators.
- Use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks.
- Insulate your water pipes.
- Take shorter showers. The recommended time is 5 minutes.
- Don’t run the water while brushing your teeth.
- Only wash clothes and run the dishwasher when there is a full load.
- Don’t leave the water running when washing dishes by hand.
Taken from the International Code Council's Building Safety Month "Everyone Needs Water (PDF)"\ brochure.