Follow leaf raking guidelines to keep city storm drains and lakes
clear and healthy.
- Add leaves to your backyard compost bin and use them tocover your gardens and plants.
- Bring leaves to the Arden Hills Yard Waste Collection Site
at 3530 Hudson Avenue (photo ID is required). The site is free of charge andopen Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m.
to 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through November. The site isclosed Tuesday and Thursday.
- Check with your garbage hauler about leaf collection. Most
haulers have compost programs in place.
- Keep nearby storm drains free from leaves and litter.
- Rake leaves into the lake or street. This is a violation ofcity ordinance. Leaves can enter storm drains and lakes and decay. This creates
unwanted algae growth and depletes oxygen needed by fish and native plants.
- Burn leaves. Leaf burning is a violation of city ordinance,as well as a nuisance for neighbors.