Due to the popularity of the city's park picnic shelters and pavilions, the city has developed new rental reservation procedures as follows:
1. To check availability for a park shelter or pavilion, you must submit an online or
in-person rental application.
2. Visit cityofardenhills.org/parkrental to complete an application, or stop by City
3. Once your application is received, you will get an email reply within 48 hours
regarding availability, or an immediate reply if you come to City Hall.
4. If the facility is available, you will need to come to City Hall to make your
payment, if a payment is required. Once payment is made and you've received
confirmation of your payment, your rental date is reserved.
5. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you come into City Hall,
you can immediately verify availability and make a reservation and payment, if
payment is required.
The shelters are free of charge to residents, but they must be reserved. The non-resident
shelter fee is $30.
The fees to reserve and rent the Cummings Park or Perry Park pavilions are $95
for residents and $150 for non-residents. A $200 damage deposit is required. These
pavilions are available to rent for two time slots: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Both time slots may be reserved for a double charge.
To rent the pavilion at Tony Schmidt Regional Park near Lake Johanna Beach or the
park’s shelters, please contact Ramsey County. The Tony Schmidt Regional Park and
Lake Josephine Park facilities are maintained and rented through the county.
Park Field rentals are also available. City programs take precedence over resident field
rentals. To rent a field, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at