Although cooler temperatures are here, the area remains in a severe drought that is impacting communities across the Twin Cities and beyond. Saint Paul Regional Water Services (SPRWS), the City’s water supplier, is requesting increased water conservation measures. Starting September 7, SPRWS customers are encouraged to engage in the following water conservation efforts:
- Odd/Even Watering:
- SPRWS customers with odd-numbered addresses are asked to limit outdoor watering to odd-numbered days of the month.
- SPRWS customers with even-numbered addresses are asked to limit outdoor water use to even-numbered days of the month.
- Watering Time Restrictions:
- SPRWS customers are asked to limit outdoor watering to the cooler times of the day - before noon or after 6 p.m. - to minimize evaporation.
- Exceptions to the Request Include:
- Commercial uses of outdoor water, including nurseries or community gardens.
- Watering of new sod or seed if daily watering is required.
Please note this is a request made by SPRWS and are not mandatory. If you have any questions, please contact the Saint Paul Regional Water Services at 651-266-6350.