City Council Race
Arden Hills has four seats on the November 8 general election ballot ~ the Mayor and two City Councilmember seats, which are four-year seats with terms running 2023-2026, and then one, special two-year seat with a term running 2023-2024. For information about those that filed, visit the Minnesota Secretary of State Candidate Filing page. Statements from the candidates are available in the August/September City newsletter as well as on our Elections page.
Campaign Sign Guidance
Per Minnesota State Statute 211B.045, campaign signs can be posted from June 24 to November 18.
Please remember the below guidance regarding political campaign signs during the election season:
- Campaign signs should not interfere with regulatory signs and traffic control devices.
- Signs cannot be placed in the Clear Vision Triangle, which extends 30 feet in each direction from the intersection corners.
- Property owners must grant permission for placement of signs on their property.
- Failure to obtain permission may result in removal of the sign.
- Signs are prohibited on property owned by the city, county, federal government and school districts.
- Signs placed within city right-of-way should not be placed within five (5) feet of the edge of the roadway pavement or curb.
- The City of Arden Hills is not responsible for damage to signs placed in the right-of-way.
- Signs placed in Ramsey County or State of Minnesota right-of-way are subject to Ramsey County and State of Minnesota consent and regulations.
- Do not attach signs to public utility poles, trees, street signs, stoplights, or fences.
- If the city receives a complaint or finds a violation on city property or the right-of-way, the sign will be removed and stored at Arden Hills City Hall.
- Candidates have 10 days following an election to remove signs, per state statute (November 18).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact city staff at 651-792-7800.
Absentee/Early Voting and Other General Information
For more information about registering to vote, how and where to vote early, and where to vote on election day, visit our Elections and Voting page.