Lexington Avenue is being reconstructed from County Road E to I-694 in the cities of Arden Hills and Shoreview by Ramsey County. Please contact Ramsey County with any questions or concerns.
Beginning May 9, Lexington Avenue will be closed to all northbound traffic.
A signed detour will be in place using County Road E, Victoria Street and I-694. The closure is expected to last through late June. Lexington Avenue will remain open to southbound traffic. Traffic will be reduced to one lane. Dedicated turn lanes will remain available at the I-694 ramps. All business and residential access will be maintained.
This closure was not part of the original project plan. As work has gotten underway, the project team discovered this closure is necessary to relocate utilities while reconstructing the northbound lanes. After this phase is complete, Lexington Avenue should remain open to one lane of traffic in each direction as originally planned.
Please drive safely, follow all signs in the construction area, and be prepared for delays. Visit the Ramsey County project page for further information and updates.
The project plans include:
- Replacing aging and deteriorating pavement
- Replacing traffic signals. A new traffic signal will be installed at the Target access road intersection
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle facilities
- Adding a center median to increase safety for road users
- Improving utilities in the area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water treatment
Plan for delays and use alternate routes when possible. To learn more or to sign up for project alerts, please visit Ramsey County's project page.