Utility Bill Online Payment Program
IMPORTANT NOTICE EFFECTIVE MARCH 26, 2019:
If you pay your city utility bills online, you will need to update your payment method, due to a system upgrade that took effect at the end of March 2019.
Saved payment methods for non-auto pay customers have been disabled and members need to re-enter their
payment information on their profile page.
If you signed up for auto pay you will receive up to three e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org until you update your information. The email header will look like the following:
If the information is not updated by the final email, your auto pay option will be disabled and you will need to pay by an alternate method until you reactivate your account.
You can pay your utility bills online by creating a new account or by making a quick payment.
When you set up a new account with the city's online Utility Billing Payment Program, many features will be available such as:
- Ability to view utility bill history, including statements issued and payments made.
- Ability to set up recurring payments.
- Option to choose paper or electronic (or both) billing statements.
- Ability to manage several accounts under one user name (commercial properties primarily).
- Both renters and landlords may access an account and make separate, secure payments, while keeping
their personal information confidential.
- All transactions credited to your account immediately.
Visit the city's Utility Billing Payment Program to get started.
Other Online Payments
It is also possible to pay other payments online such as parks and recreation fees, building permits fees, rental registration fees, licensing fees, and other miscellaneous fees.
To pay these types of fees online, visit the City's Web Store.