About Arden HillsGovernmentDepartmentsBusiness
Go To Search
RSSPrintEmailFacebookTwitterYouTube
History
Arden Hills Timeline
  • 2012 – City launches third-generation website
  • 2012 – Ramsey County and Arden Hills enter into a Joint Powers Agreement to purchase, remediate, and redevelop 430-acre TCAAP site. 
  • 2011 – City purchases Hazelnut Park property from Trinity Lutheran Church
  • 2010 – Standard and Poor upgrades City to AA+ rating
  • 2009 - Present – City receives annual financial reporting awards from Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA)
  • 2009 – City implements rental registration program
  • 2009 – Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant (TCAAP) development partners withdraw citing economic downturn
  • 2008 – City adopts Guiding Plan for re/development of County Road E downtown district (zoned B2)
  • 2007 – Standard and Poor gives City A+ rating
  • 2006 – City launches redesigned website
  • 2005 – Ability to watch City Council and Planning Commission meetings over the internet begins
  • 2002 – City selects development partners for TCAAP land in anticipation of its purchase from the U.S. Army
  • 2001 – City website launched
  • 2001 – City adopts current logo
  • 2001 – New City Hall opens
  • 1999 – Federal legislation passed clearing way for transfer of TCAAP land; four acres for City Hall; 36 acres for Ramsey County Public Works / Administration facility
  • 1998 – City moves out of old City Hall into leased space while waiting for land to become available to build new City Hall
  • 1996 – City begins publishing official newsletter Arden Hills Notes
  • 1995–1996 – TCAAP Vento Plan for redevelopment is created
  • 1994 - U.S. Army announces its intention to declare TCAAP as excess federal property
  • 1970-1979 – Arden Hills grows quickly as 1,065 housing units are built
  • 1951-1971 – Arden Hills engages in land trades and annexation procedures with adjoining communities resulting in the current boundaries of the City
  • 1951 –Arden Hills incorporates in response to annexation requests by New Brighton; three residential areas and the ammunition site become what is now known as Arden Hills
  • 1941 – Federal government purchases 2,530 acres of farmland for the establishment of an ammunition manufacturing site (TCAAP); at its peak, during World War II, the arsenal employed 26,000 people; this site continues to occupy the northern one-third of the City
  • 1906 – Joseph Hackey, a state senator and millionaire, builds hobby farm called Arden Farms; this farm and the terrain eventually formed the basis for the City's name
  • Late 1800s – Lake Johanna and Lake Josephine become popular recreational spots for citizens for swimming, fishing, boating, and picnicking; summer cabins have since been replaced by year-round lake homes
  • 1858 – Minnesota territory becomes the State of Minnesota, the 32nd U.S. state
  • 1850 - Charles Perry becomes the first to break ground and plants potatoes on three acres adjacent to Lake Johanna; at that time, the land was part of Mounds View Township
  • 1849 – The Minnesota Territory is formed
  • 1803 – Louisiana Purchase (U.S. purchase of land from France) includes land west of the Mississippi River (the western parts of what is now Minnesota)
  • 1783 (end of Revolutionary War) – Land east of the Mississippi River is granted to the U.S., including the northeastern parts of what is now Minnesota