Click to Home
Bethel University Students
About Arden HillsGovernmentDepartmentsBusiness
Go To Search
Demolition Permit Requirements

Sewer and Water Permits
A Licensed plumber must obtain a permit from the Inspections Division prior to disconnecting the sewer and water.

Note:  The disconnections must be inspected by the Inspections Department prior to issuance of a Demolition Permit.  

Demolition Permit Steps

Utility Disconnects
Check with all utility companies to disconnect services for gas, electric, telephone and cable television, etc. Water and sewer is to be cut and capped at the property line before any excavation work commences. Location of disconnected utilities must be marked on site. Drawings also shall be provided clearly showing the locations of all capped utilities.

Any water well on the property must be capped and sealed per Minnesota Department of Health regulations.

Note: Call before you begin demolition “Gopher State One Call” 1-800-252-1166 or 1-651-454-0002

Site Work Requirements 
  • A Grading & Erosion Control permit may be required.
  • Remove all debris including foundation walls, footings and basement floor.
  • Fill in and level site, restore grade, and seed to match adjoining contours.
  • Provide extermination of insects and rodents before demolition of the structure.
  • A final inspection by the City is required before closing out the Demolition Permit.

Rob Ward
Residential Inspector
Ph: 651-792-7813

Britt Pease
Office Support Specialist
Ph: 651-792-7831